What is coaching?
Coaching is all about developing each person’s resourcefulness. It enables individuals to develop their potential, learn new skills, achieve personal aims and manage personal challenges. Coaching provides the time and space for individuals to reflect on their experiences, explore ways of handling situations differently and bring about effective changes in their personal or professional lives.
The coaching process is an equal partnership between the coach and client, during which the coach will:
- Work with each client and his/her agenda
- Help the client to clarify their thinking and identify choices of action
- Develop the client’s resourcefulness
- Support the client in managing their thinking and develop their own solutions
- Encourage the client to take personal responsibility for taking action